Saturday, February 23, 2008

My first Snowboarding experience...

Last year, I have tried ski for the second time of my life.
It was at Bear Valley and I enjoyed it.
Today, I wanted to try snowboarding.
Snowboarding

I was very motivated but, after 5 minutes on the track, I did regret my choice...
You need to get one foot attached to the board before taking the chair lift which almost guarantee you to fall once you reach the top. Then, it is not as easy to attach your second foot to the board. Last but not least: go down this hill without falling! Mission impossible!!!
Having both of your feet attached to a single piece of board is pretty disturbing and I felt pretty hard on my shoulder, my knees, my hand, my butt...Snowboarding 2

I forgot to mention that we went snowboarding in Heavenly, one of the most popular and expensive mountain resort in Lake Tahoe ($78/person the one-day lift ticket). Being beginners, it was a big waste because we only used very few of the lifts and the view on the lake was completely concealed by a snow storm in the afternoon.
At least, now I know which one I prefer: ski!. Let's give it a shot again tomorrow.

Pictures of the ski week-end here! Photos du week-end ski ici !

No comments: